Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Suspect Thoughts

My friend, Emanuel Xavier is guest editor for an online journal named suspect thoughts: a journal of subversive writing. Check out Issue #18 that's up now.

Yours Truly, will be in the next issue (#19, which runs July-December, with my poem, "They Call Me 'Star-Fucker.'" I'm incredibly honored and excited to be a part of this project: free, online and subversive, it doesn't get any better. It's also a delightful challenge to keep writing rhymes, songs and poetry. Even though they all deal with setting words to rhythm, tone, melody, key, timbre, etc., I find that each genre lends itself to a different kind of flexibility and latitude. Each has it's own limits and its own expansion. Let me know what you think when it hits the web July 1st.

More to come.

Peace and Blessings,

Shante Paradigm

No comments: