Well, well, well. Here we are, the end of another year. Not to sound like every old person on the planet, but seriously, where did this year go? Was it even a year, or just a few short weeks? At any rate, it really was an excellent year. I set out to do the most important thing for me which was to get my mind right after going done the path of self-will, which ,of course, placed me in a position to be hurt. Enough of the vagaries.
2008 was a year of incredible gifts, gratitude and accomplishments for me:
1. I officially became ABD (All But Dissertation) in my doctoral work, meaning all I have to do is write a measely four chapter BOOK! ha ha ha. Instead I write on my blog.
2. I found a great apartment and a great roommate. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect, supportive situation.
3. I fell more in love with Brooklyn and NYC, even as I realized that I probably won't be able to spend all of my time here for much longer.
4. I made more time for my friends, my sweet/wacky family and myself this year. No easy feat I tell you.
5. I adopted a great dog, Tilopa!!!! (whom I blog about at Fierce and Nerdy)
6. I saw lots of of good movies!!! I fell in love with 30 Rock and You Tube.
7. I got that flat screen...i will definitely be blogging about my Battalestar Galactica marathon and how it is totally different on a great TV.
8. I cleared up a lot of old wreckage: financial, emotional, inter-personal.
9. I had a successful year of running my own business (look here).
10. I re-connected with lots of people, mostly thanks to my 10 year college reunion and Facebook.
11. my iphone!!!!!!!!!
12. After reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, I joined a CSA and began working my way to 75% local food purchase.
13. My yoga asana and meditation practice became steady and fairly daily after many, many years of being intermittent. Basically I dedicated myself to the spiritual practice rather than material practice.
14. I fell back in love with Nas.
15. I accepted myself for who I am, flaws and all and embraced my brand of black-homo-femaleness.
16. I laughed so much, 2008 was the year of bawdy, genuine laughter.
17. I turned 33.
18. I reached my 5 year mark free of cancer.
19. I simplified.
20. I got a great surprising Christmas gift.
I'm looking forward to 2009 because it's more days on this Earth and I have plans!!
Bonus: 21. I actually BLOGGED!!!!
SP and Tilo